Cannot zoom in any further

Milo van der Linden mlinden at ZEELANDNET.NL
Mon Jul 30 08:26:22 EDT 2007

Hello list,

I have a mapfile that spans the entire world, holds 2 attached WMS
layers and 3 postGIS layers. The mapfile extend is set to -180 -90 180 90
My postGIS layers contain tiny little elements ordered in projects of
approx. 1 km x 1 km in size.

I use CartoWeb3 as my client.

When I start zooming in, I reach a certain level where the image refuses
to go into more detail. I can keep clicking my Cartoweb zoom in button,
and I see the image refreshing, but it doesn't change scale or content.

Is this a zoom in limit set by the fact that I use global extends?

Or is there no such limit in Mapserver and do I have to look in more
detail into my Cartoweb3 configuration?