Zoom To Scale

David Hober dhober at GEOGRAPHIT.COM
Tue Jul 31 15:05:51 EDT 2007

Greetings,

I'm having some trouble trying to achieve a zoom to scale effect in a
mapping program.

I'm using mapscript's c# library, version 4.10.

I tried setting the map object's scale property, but that had no effect,
so I'm trying to achieve it now by resetting the extent of the map.

The method that does the calculation receives a fractional scale value
(say, 50000).  I calculate the center point in map units, but I just
can't figure out how to scale the extent to achieve the user-provided
scale value.

I'm open for any suggestions / ideas.

-- Dave