MapServer 4.10 with DSO PHP5

Guillaume Sueur guillaume.sueur at GEOSIGNAL.FR
Thu Mar 1 01:28:58 EST 2007

Hi list,

I was wondering if MapScript 4.10 could be build with PHP5 as Apache
DSO. I've done several attempts, without success. The build goes fine,
but invoking the draw method on a map object causes a segmentation fault.
I've tried the "regex hack" on the php configure, to force php to be
build with system regex.
The option with-apxs on mapserver configure fires a message saying in
can't work that way. I can accept that, but why are people saying it
works fine for them on the net ?
So, if you had a clue, and some configure options and workarounds, I
would really appreciate.

Here are my php configure options (the use of regex=system is forced in
the configure script):
'./configure' '--prefix=/usr/local/apache2/'
'--with-apxs2=/usr/local/apache2/bin/apxs'
'--with-config-file-path=/usr/local/apache2/php' '--with-regex=system'
'--with-jpeg-dir=/usr' '--with-png-dir=/usr' '--with-zlib' '--with-gd'
'--with-freetype-dir=/usr/local/' '--enable-dbase' '--with-pdflib'
'--enable-gd-native-ttf'

Thanks