beginner: text region polyline point from MapInfo

Rahkonen Jukka Jukka.Rahkonen at MMMTIKE.FI
Fri Mar 2 08:54:41 EST 2007

Hi,

Correct.  While MapInfo tab is database-like format and can contain everything you may have in MapInfo in a single file, ESRI shapefiles can only have one kind of features in one shapefile set.

-Jukka-

________________________________

Lähettäjä: UMN MapServer Users List puolesta: Julien Buratto
Lähetetty: pe 2.3.2007 15:31
Vastaanottaja: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Aihe: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] beginner: text region polyline point from MapInfo

I've converted all my TAB files from MapInfo to a ESRI Shape file and,
for each TAB file, I got 4 sub-file:

_text.
_polyline.
_region.
_point.

For eachone MapInfo generated .dbf, .prj .shp and .shx files.

I was able to recompose the image using ogrtindex and then tiling,
that is making and index with all the *_region.shp files.

What I'd like to understand, is what exacly those 4 files rappresents.
For example, does the _text rappresent the name of things inside the map ?

Thanks

PS: Thanks to all that yesterday gave me so great suggestions! I had
really appreciated the idea of tiling layers and the right way to get
the EXTENT value!