MapServer 4.10 with DSO PHP5 -> GD issues

Fri Mar 2 10:01:33 EST 2007

Guillaume Sueur wrote:
> One more thing : using the system gd library works well, but some gd
> functions (imagerotate or imagelayereffect for example) requires php to
> be build against embedded version of gd.
> So, is there a way to build mapserver against php version of gd, or to
> find the source of it to be able to build it as the system lib too ?

I believe the source is under php/ext/gd, but I don't know if the PHP
version of GD can be built as a standalone lib and used by external
programs. You could try and let us know.

BTW, GD has been brought back to life recently at http://libgd.org/
"under the umbrella of PHP.net" so they are definitely aware of the PHP
GD fork and there's hope that some of these new functions may be added
to future releases (or may be in the dev version, 2.1.0 in CVS HEAD?).

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/