automatic Vehicle tracking application (AVL)

Gaston Izaguirre gizagui at FI.UBA.AR
Fri Mar 2 16:43:41 EST 2007

Hi list,

I have made a similar post to other lists regarding mapserver.

I have the following situation, I want to implement an online automatic
vehicle tracking application (AVL). I have vector maps and real time GPS
data in a database. I need to monitor about 300 vehicles and have the
possibility to query some information about each one, e.g. velocity,
direction, and also about the map, e.g. the name of the street where the
vehicle is circulating, etc.

In your experience, which is the most suitable tool for implementing this
stuff?
Somebody has developed a similar application?
Do You know some online application that makes similar tasks to take some
ideas from it?

Thank you in advance,

Gaston.