beginner: text region polyline point from MapInfo

Siki Zoltan siki at AGT.BME.HU
Sat Mar 3 15:39:33 EST 2007

Hi Julien,

ESRI shapes are only for points, lines and polygons (regions).
Universal translator converts MapInfo texts to line elements and the
text string to an attribute. So you can display them as an annotation type
layer.

So change your layer something like this

 LAYER
 DEBUG OFF
   NAME "text"
   TYPE ANNOTATION
   STATUS OFF
   TILEINDEX "priamo_text.shp"
   TILEITEM "location"
   LABELITEM "TEXTSTRING"
   CLASS
     NAME "region"
     LABEL
       SIZE ?
       TYPE TRUETYPE
       FONT ???
       COLOR ? ? ?
       ANGLE "TEXT_ANGLE"
     END
   END
 END

You must use truetype font to rotate text.

Zoltan