Mapinfo Seamless Vector tables in mapserver

mikiet mike.talbutt at DOTTEDEYES.COM
Mon Mar 5 11:27:26 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have a seamless mapinfo table that points to several mapinfo tab files
containing vector data. I would like to be able to use this seamless table
in my mapserver map file. I read that mapserver should be able to handle the
seamless table (http://www2.dmsolutions.ca/msapps/ro_demo/demo_init.html),
however when I point to my seamless table I get the following error message

msOGRFileOpen(): OGR error. Open failed for OGR connection
`C:\MapBase\Topo_Area_Seamless.TAB'. File not found or unsupported format.

I have done simillar things with mapinfo seamless tables containing raster
images by using the gdaltindex utility to create shp files, and that worked
well, do I need to use a simillar tecnique for seamless tables containg
vector data

thanks in advance for the advice

Mike.