Mapinfo Seamless Vector tables in mapserver

Tue Mar 6 11:59:58 EST 2007

Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I suspect path or permissions problems.  Internally the OGR needs to
> construct paths to the component files of the seamless layer, and
> this might be broken in some situations.

I think Frank is right that it must be something not working properly in
the code that tries to construct the path to the individual files in the
MITAB OGR driver.

Is there a way you could share a sample dataset to reproduce this?
(Perhaps off-list) ... or even better, file a MITAB bug and attach the
sample dataset to the bug:
http://bugzilla.maptools.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=MITAB

> Also, are you sure you are using the same version of OGR for Mapserver
> as in ogrinfo?  Seamless mapinfo support is *relatively* new so if your
> mapserver were built with an ancient version of OGR that might be
> the issue, though I think this is unlikely.

I doubt that's the issue. Seamless table support was added in 2001 and
the last serious fixes specific to seamless tables in MITAB were done in
2004 (just a memory leak), so it would have to be a quite ancient
version of OGR... so ancient that it might not work at all with a recent
version of MapServer.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette