Multiple versions of mapserver on the same IIS

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Thu Mar 8 12:50:38 EST 2007

Phil -

Provided there are no differences in any supporting libraries that you need,
this is pretty simple.  You can either rename the two binaries so you refer
to mapserv48.exe and mapserv49.exe, or create a different cgi-bin virtual
directory on each Web site, each pointing to a directory with the preferred
binary installed in it.

     - Ed

--
Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
Maps a la carte, Inc. / TopoZone.com
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: (978) 251-4242
Fax: (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com

From: "Chau,Philip [PYR]" <Philip.Chau at EC.GC.CA>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 09:17:33 -0800
To: <MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU>
Conversation: Multiple versions of mapserver on the same IIS
Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Multiple versions of mapserver on the same
IIS

I'm struggling to find out to see if this is possible or not:

I have one application which requires the 4.9 version of Mapserver, while
another app (Chameleon) requires the 4.8.1 version of Mapserver, and I'm
trying to get it to run on the same machine.

They are seperated into two different website in IIS, however, the
Environment Variable PATH needs to be configured on either the 4.8.1
mapserver directory or the 4.9 directory, so only one application will run
or the other.

Is there anyway to get both running at the same time?

Phil

Philip Chau, B.Sc, PMP
Water Quality Monitoring and Surveillance
Science and Technology
Environment Canada
201-401 Burrard Street
Vancouver, BC V6C 3S5