WMS, lines, and tile borders

Erik Heinz erik at IKS-JENA.DE
Mon Mar 12 11:49:42 EDT 2007

Hi,

when using MapServer as WMS server to display a layer of TYPE LINE in
connection with a tile-based client (e.g. Google Maps) the lines are not
continuous across tile borders. Apparently, round line caps are drawn which
lead to gaps at the tile borders particularly at low angles.

I am using simple lines without SYMBOL definition. Lines drawn with SYMBOL
"circle" seem do show the same behaviour. SYMBOL "cartoline" is not usable
at all in my application due to poor rendering at low scale and artefacts
at the tile borders.

Anybody knows how to overcome this problem?

Thank you in advance,
Erik