grass vector files

James McManus jmpmcmanus at YAHOO.COM
Tue Mar 13 16:37:57 EDT 2007

I am trying to open a GRASS vector file with mapserver, using the
following sequence in my .map file:

NAME "roads"
     TYPE line
     STATUS on
     CONNECTIONTYPE OGR
     CONNECTION
"/var/www/html/mapserver/grassdata/MDI/PERMANENT/vector/roads/head"
     DATA "1" # Layer number
     CLASS
         NAME "roads"
         COLOR 250 100 0
     END

When I try to initialize nothing appears in my web browser. I get a slew
of error messages in my httpd erro_log file, beginning with the line:

 No such file or directory: Cannot open drivers directory, referer:
http://www.aratasystems.com/mapserver/MDI_i.html

This sounds a problem with accessing the file through my server.
However, I am able to open a GRASS raster file in, with directory and
files settings that are the same as the GRASS vector file. The next line
in the error_log has the following statement:

*** glibc detected *** /var/www/cgi-bin/mapserv: free(): invalid
pointer: 0x00000000007fc540 ***

This lead me (probably incorrectly) to think it may have to do with how
I am compiling mapserver. I have tried recompiling mapserver in a
variety of ways without success. Has anybody out there run into this
problem before? Any hints would help!

Jim