The size of a line is always 1 pixel even when I change the size from 1 to 2 or more

Rodrigo Martín LÓPEZ GREGORIO rodrigomartin at LOPEZGREGORIO.COM.AR
Fri Mar 16 14:16:52 EDT 2007

Hi John.

The SIZE option of CLASS element doesn't work as "line width". This is how I
solved this:

First I create a Symbol in my symbol file like:
SYMBOL
  NAME "cartoline"
  TYPE cartoline
  LINECAP round #[butt|round|square|triangle]
  LINEJOIN round #[round|miter|bevel]
  #LINEJOINMAXSIZE 3
END

Then, in the layer I want to set line width I do:
  LAYER
    NAME "mylinelayer"
    SIZEUNITS PIXELS
    CLASS
      NAME "mylinelayer"
      STYLE
        ANTIALIAS TRUE
        COLOR 255 0 0
        SIZE 2
        SYMBOL "cartoline"
      END
    END
  END

Now, the SIZE property in CLASS element work as you want.

Maybe you want to take a look at:

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/cartosymbols/

there are more examples and all the cartoline options full explained.

I hope it helps you.

Rodrigo.