MapServer performance

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Fri Mar 23 14:40:27 EDT 2007

Antti -

Even if you don't have control over it, you should still know what it is.
If you KNOW you're forced to live with a hideously slow disk system, then
you don't need to waste your time trying to optimize the rest of the
application.  If you know you have a really high-performing disk system for
this application, you can focus on performance improvements in other areas
and expect them to have some visible effect.

     - Ed