turn off certain output formats

Wed Mar 28 12:31:53 EDT 2007

H. Porath wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i have added the following line to my mapfile in the web->metadata section
> but the capabilities document still advertises all formats (image/png, ...):
> "wms_formatlist"			"image/jpeg"
>
> What am i doing wrong? I am using Mapserver 4.6.2.

There is currently no way to filter the list of GetMap output formats
listed in the GetCapabilities response.

The "wms_formatlist" metadata serves another purpose: it is used with
CONNECTIONTYPE WMS (i.e. client WMS connections) to indicate to
MapServer which formats the remote server supports. This information is
also used when reading/writing Web Map Context documents.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette
http://www.mapgears.com/