wrapping around the dateline using geographic coordinates

percy percyd at PDX.EDU
Wed Mar 28 13:24:20 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I've asked this question before, trolled through the archives and
googled everything I could think of.

*Has anyone come up with an elegant way of displaying data that crosses
the dateline, while keeping the coordinate system in decimal degrees?*

My Aleutian islands currently get chopped off, and similar problems
ensue with the Pacific Protectorates (Guam, Midway, Samoa, etc)

Thanks for any hints! I hope I'm missing something obvious :-)
Percy

--
David Percy
Geospatial Data Manager