Mapscript-Java and Swig-Versions

Benedikt Rothe umn-ms at HYDROTEC.DE
Thu Mar 29 10:56:43 EDT 2007

Hello list-members

I have a problem with java-mapscript, swig-versions and enums.
Download mapserver4.10.0: File
mapscript\java\edu\umn\gis\mapscript\layerObj.java
has a method
  public int getType() { ...}

Download mapserver4.10.1: File
mapscript\java\edu\umn\gis\mapscript\layerObj.java
has a method
  public MS_LAYER_TYPE getType() { ...}

My own code depends on the enums-as-int-Style (like mapserver4.10.0)

I do remember, that some time ago was a discussion on this issue ("Swig
version used for nightly builds and releases...").
But I didn't find a "working instruction" for users like me.

Question:
Is it possible to produce the "mapserver4.10.0"-style with swig-1.3.29?

Is there any command-line-option "swig -j -enums_as_int" or somethink like
this?

Thank you
Benedikt Rothe