MapScript Java problem

Houde, Jonathan JHoude at KOREM.COM
Fri Mar 30 12:38:58 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm trying to make MapScript java work under tomcat 5.5.17 / jdk 6.0 /
windows xp

And I'm getting the following error:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\mapscript\mapscript.dll: The
operating system cannot run %1

I already included the following folder in the path system variable

C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin

C:\ms4w\Apache\cgi-bin\mapscript\java

As well as the proj lib variable.

PROJ_LIB

C:\ms4w\proj\nad

The package I installed is from ms4w_2.2.3.zip

I have tried several variation of my setup including change of jdk to
5.0 and I keep getting that error...

I know that the actual dlls are found in the path since when I remove
one folder from the path variable I receive either,

UnsatisfiedLinkError: C:\mapscript\mapscript.dll, ddl not in the
java.library.path

Or

Dll dependency not found in the java.library.path

This seems to be related with dll version mismatch.

For example:

http://support.borland.com/entry.jspa?externalID=6065&categoryID=447

Any ideas?

Thanks,