Force label for tiny polygon

Jørn Vegard Røsnes jorn at SPACETEC.NO
Wed May 2 09:21:29 EDT 2007

Hi all,

I want to always display the label for a tiny polygon (oil spill).

I feel I've tried many configurations now in the map file, but I always have
to zoom in (from all of Europe, to only coastline of Portugal), before the
label is visible. Here is the current layer definition:

LAYER
     NAME "oilspill_20070502_141558"
     CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS
     CONNECTION "user=postgres dbname=konserv host=hostname port=5432"
     DATA "poly from feature using SRID=4326"
     TYPE polygon
     #STATUS ON
     #TRANSPARENCY 0
     DEBUG ON
     LABELCACHE ON
     LABELITEM "timestamp"
     CLASS
          #TEXT ([oid]-[timestamp])
          EXPRESSION ('[timestamp]' == '20070502_141558' AND [threshold] >= 0
AND [threshold] < 100)
          LABEL
            FONT arial
            TYPE TRUETYPE