Change of Data Source changes Mapserver behavior

Matt Pettis matt.pettis at THOMSON.COM
Fri May 4 00:50:45 EDT 2007

This worked great -- thanks a ton!

Matt

-----Original Message-----
From: Aaron Racicot [mailto:aaronr at z-pulley.com]
Sent: Thu 5/3/2007 10:30 PM
To: Pettis, Matthew (Thomson); MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
Subject: RE: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Change of Data Source changes Mapserver behavior

Hey there Matt,
Try:
1) Comment out your data statement for shapefile
2) Uncomment your three lines for PostGIS
3) Modify your data statement to be just [1]:
       DATA "the_geom from shp_counties"
4) If you need to have the more complex query [2] in the future for things
like sub-selects, then I believe you need a unique id in the " using unique
the_geom" part of your query.  Usually people use OID.

Hope that helps...

[1] - http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id2893813
[2] - http://postgis.refractions.net/docs/ch04.html#id2894254

 Aaron Racicot - GIS Programmer