Accessing images using time dimension.

Dave Weaver dave.weaver at ZEN.CO.UK
Wed May 16 06:27:55 EDT 2007

On 14/05/07, Daryl Herzmann <akrherz at iastate.edu> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 May 2007, Dave Weaver wrote:
>
> > 1) What am I doing wrong (or not doing at all) ?
>
> Can the web user that is connecting to the database see your tile table?
> May need to grant select to that user?

Database access isn't a problem - the map that's being served up
already takes vector data from a different table in the same database
and displays it fine.

> > 2) Am I right in thinking the geometry column can be null and the rows
> > will still be considered, depending on image_time ?
>
> I don't think so, but am not sure.  I insert the actual extent geometry as
> well for my working config here.  Can you try that once and see if that
> works for you?

I changed my satellite table thus:

insert into satellite (image_path, image_time, the_geom) values
('/home/map/fgs/www/htdocs/maps/images/sat2.tiff', '2007-05-11
11:00Z', GeomFromText('POLYGON((-31.82 75.55, -31.82 26.5, 51.31 26.5,
51.31 75.55, -31.82 75.55))', 4326));

with no change to the output (i.e. still get the base vector map, but
no satellite image).

Is that the correct geometry specification for an image with a
top-left at 31.82W 75.55N  and a bottom right at 51.31E 26.5N ?  Is
there a better way of specifying it?

This is frustrating because i can't tell where I'm going wrong -
geometry, time, or some other bit.

Thanks for the input,
Dave.