Drawing collected multipolygons from PostGIS...

Wed May 16 13:35:44 EDT 2007

John, a collection does not polygon make. A collection is more like an
array of polygons and any array doe not have an exterior ring.

You might try replacing collect(the_geom) with MemGeomUnion(the_geom)

and see if you have any luck with that. It might be too slow.

-Steve W.