SIZE in percentages?

Delfos, Jacob Jacob.Delfos at MAUNSELL.COM
Wed May 16 22:31:18 EDT 2007

Steve,

Is a symbol scale like a "reference scale"?
Ideally, objects shouldn't really change in size as a result of DPI
setting, but I guess that's hard to change, since everything is defined
in pixels (rather than points, or another absolute size)

Would it be feasible to have a global "reference dpi" value, that
resulting sizes are scaled to? For example, if a label is defined as 10
pixels at a reference dpi of 100dpi, then it should come out as 30
pixels if the dpi setting is changed to 300dpi.

I'm asking because I have a print tool that allows setting of dpi values
as well. I'd like the map to remain the same, regardless of dpi.

Regards,

Jacob

This email and any attachments are intended solely for the named recipient and are confidential. The copying or distribution of them or any information they contain by anyone other than the named recipient is prohibited. If you have received this document in error, please notify the sender and delete all copies from your computer system and destroy all hard copies. It is the recipient's responsibility to check this email and any attachments to this email for viruses before use.