Accessing images using time dimension.

Dave Weaver dave.weaver at ZEN.CO.UK
Fri May 18 08:19:24 EDT 2007

http://localhost:8080/cgi-bin/mapserv?map=/home/map/fgs/www/htdocs/maps/postgis2.map&mode=map&layers=sat

>   WMS get map is also valid but just trying to keep it simple and see if
> the map draws with your rasters.

OK. Having done that I can see my raster image (see below).

> >>   The matadata should only be necessary on the tileindex layer.
> >
> > Makes sense. It would be nice if  the example I mentioned above was adjusted
> > appropriately then :-)
> >
>   I have added a not to the documentation regarding this.

Hmm - the note you added contradicts what you said above.
The note says the metadata's needed on the raster layer, but above you say
it's only
necessary on the tileindex layer...

Interestingly, when I removed the metadata section from the raster layer, I
could suddenly see my raster image. From a little experimentation it turns out
that if both wms_timextent and wms_timeitem are given, my raster layer doesn't
display. Leave either of those out and it's fine.

However, it's still just displaying one of the images - the TIME= WMS parameter
is having no effect on the image displayed.  I have 2 images in my postgis
table, as follows, but only the one is ever displayed.  It is not the one
specified by the wms_timedefault entry, either. I get the same image with or
without the TIME= parameter.

If I use the simple query, as you suggested above (rather than the WMS one),
and set the FILTER in the tileindex layer, I see whichever image that matches
the filter.

Any ideas on how I can track this problem down further?

Thanks,
Dave.