RE  : [UMN_MA PSERVER-USERS] Mutiple "DATA " lines in a single l ayer?

Ed McNierney ed at TOPOZONE.COM
Fri May 18 16:57:26 EDT 2007

Jeff -

Just use multiple layers in the map file, with a GROUP statement for each,
and a MINSCALE/MAXSCALE value in each.  That will let them appear to the
client as a single logical layer using the GROUP name you specified.

     - Ed

--
Ed McNierney
President and Chief Mapmaker
Maps a la carte, Inc. / TopoZone.com
73 Princeton Street, Suite 305
North Chelmsford, MA  01863
Phone: (978) 251-4242
Fax: (978) 251-1396
ed at topozone.com

From: Jeff Dege <jdege at KORTERRA.COM>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 15:51:34 -0500
To: <MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU>
Conversation: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] RE : [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Mutiple "DATA
" lines in a single layer?
Subject: Re: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] RE : [UMN_MA PSERVER-USERS] Mutiple "DATA
" lines in a single l ayer?

We're using OpenLayers as the map viewer.  MapServer will be running in CGI
mode, either directly or as a WMS server.  So mapscript isn't part of the
equation.

I've never looked at the  MapServer source, but I'm wondering if allowing
DATA statements to be placed in CLASS sections would be a reasonable
enhancement.