problem changing mapfile parameters via the CGI

Matthew Perry perrygeo at GMAIL.COM
Sat May 19 18:55:11 EDT 2007

Jason,

On 5/19/07, Jason M Sievers <j_siever at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to change a layer's CONNECTION object dynamically but not having
> success.  I'm using MapServer CGI version 4.9cvs (FWTools1.3.1).  The
> layer's data is a GML file, so I've set CONNECTIONTYPE to 'ogr' and
> CONNECTION to the path to the GML file.  All works well but I cannot change
> this value via a URL, e.g.
> '&MAP_myLayerName_CONNECTION=C:/path/to/file.gml'.  I'm not sure if this is
> not allowed for security reasons or I am doing something wrong.  I know that
> DATAPATTERN and TEMPLATEPATTERN must be set to allow changing of their
> respective parameters so maybe I need to do something like that?  Any help
> would be great!

Have you taken a look at variable sustitution? ..
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/mapfile/variable_sub

--
Matthew T. Perry
http://www.perrygeo.net

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes
the existing model obsolete" - R. Buckminster Fuller