Mapscript extent prediction

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 23 10:08:45 EDT 2007

Hello everyone,

When generating a map using mapscript, I notice that the extent changes
(slightly) after calling the "draw" operation.
I don't seem to be the only one with this problem as eg the ka-map wiki
says:

Print output is related to viewport but image extent correspondence in not
yet perfect.

Is there a way to make this correspondence better, or is there a way to
get/predict the actual extent used in the image before (or without) calling
the "draw" method?

Johan