Mapscript extent prediction

Johan Van de Wauw johan.vandewauw at GMAIL.COM
Wed May 23 15:52:18 EDT 2007

Even though I found a workaround that works for my application (generating
the image first and later the accompying html page), the original problem
still persists.

Just a short example of code (where the width and height are based on the
extent, like in my application) and it's output. My hypothesis is that maybe
the longitude/latitude values are the problem?

dl('php_mapscript.so');
$oMap = ms_newMapObj('/home/johan/rwanda/start-print.map');
$mapExtent = $oMap->extent;
$oMap->setExtent($aExtent[0],$aExtent[1],$aExtent[2],$aExtent[3]);
$tot = $oMap->numlayers;
$pw = 600;
 $gw =$aExtent[2] - $aExtent[0];
 $gh = $aExtent[3] - $aExtent[1];