problems with Tiger road data

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Fri May 25 16:24:22 EDT 2007

> Does anyone know what might cause this county to be so much worse than the
> others, and if there is some way I can fix the data?

As to why that coounty is bad: the problem is probably more political
than technical. Counties spend money differently, have different
surveying crews, and so on.

As to fixing it, I suspect that your best bet would be to purchase
better-quality road data for the county in question. TIGER is
notoriously incomplete and inaccurate, despite the recent drive toward
its improvement.

Sorry that doesn't help...

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA