Changing legend order with php mapscript

Ben Madin ben at REMOTEINFORMATION.COM.AU
Tue May 29 04:48:11 EDT 2007

G'day all,

I have an application where the country layer (+/- admin boundaries)
are drawn in last (so they overlay population density data). This
means it is at the top of the legend.

The population densities are one layer (in a five step range
(descending), ending with 0 (ie no animals) or no data (no record in
the db)) , so "Country borders" (in one of three languages) intrudes
some way across the map picture, about the middle of the map when the
initial thumbnail for the users to click on to move to an interactive
interface is presented.

(see picture, say "yuk"!, offer solution!)

I would like the Country boundaries legend item to be at the bottom
of the legend... I note there is a movestyledown function, but I am
not clear on where this might be used.

Does anyone :

a) know if this function will do what I am looking for, or will it
move the entire style down, obscuring the data behind the filled
polygon?

b) have any code examples of how this might be (or where it has been)
used?

cheers

Ben

--