Solaris 8 Help - Compiling Supporting Libs

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Tue May 29 15:42:58 EDT 2007

Timothy J Nolte wrote:
> We have installed the gcc package from sunfreeware.com:

Good, good. You'll also want "make"

> I have no gmake available, however I did also just try and install the gnu
> make package from sunfreeware as well with no success.

Try "make --version" and see whether you're using GNU make (gmake). You
may have to explicitly state the path, e.g. /opt/GNUmake/bin/make or
some such.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA