Solaris 8 Help - Compiling Supporting Libs

Timothy J Nolte tnolte at ILPCS.COM
Wed May 30 12:06:56 EDT 2007

Ok, so I got over the GDAL compilation hurdle with success. Now I'm trying
to compile the last supporting library shapelib (v1.2.10). It's failing
after the "make lib" with:

gcc -shared  shpopen.lo shptree.lo dbfopen.lo  -lc  -Wl,-soname
-Wl,libshp.so.1 -o .libs/libshp.so.1.0.1
ld: warning: option -o appears more than once, first setting taken
ld: fatal: file libshp.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory
ld: fatal: File processing errors. No output written to .libs/libshp.so.1.0.1
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [lib] Error 1

The "make" and "make test" worked just fine. If anyone has any thoughts on
this, once again I'd be most appreciative.