Strange mapscriptJNI_delete_1layerObj+0xf error killing Tomcat

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Thu May 31 14:01:21 EDT 2007

2007/5/31, Rodrigo Del C. Andrade <rodrigo.andrade at digitro.com.br>:
>     When the user first accesses the module, the initial mapObj is
> processed, created, shown and then stored on the session. Then the user
> can make a very detailed query (query window opens on a iframe) about
> the the subject of the software (I cant disclose) and a set of data is
> returned from the database. Among other stuff, the objects returned by
> the db contain a set of latlon coordinates and a symbolname.
>     Then we grab the existing mapObj from the session and create layers
> (anything form 1 to 1000, depending on the query, but it seems to have
> no effect the problem at hand) to house new points.

I don't know how the actual threading model looks like, but it's
potentially unsafe to pass the mapscript object among different
threads especially when the object have layers with open connections.
If the primary aim to do so is only to store the initial properties of
the loaded map object, I would rather propose to create a clone right
after retrieving the map from the session, and operate on the clone
instead.

Best regards,

Tamas