Legend problem in MapServer 5.0

Fri Nov 2 10:17:33 EDT 2007

John Cole wrote:

>   I'm curious about the 5.0.1 release date, since it's been over a month now
> since the release, with what I would consider a fairly major bug (legends)
> that was fixed in code already.  For anyone who uses legends with their
> maps, this issue is a major roadblock to adopting MS5, and I'm wondering if
> the consensus of the MS guru's agree with my opinion or not :-)

I agree that we're due for a 5.0.1.

One big issue that needs to be resolved before we can release 5.0.1 is
the requirement for the STYLE= parameter in WMS GetMap request that has
been enforced (as required by the spec) in MapServer 5.0.0 but that
prevents clients such as Google Earth from connecting to MapServer 5.0.0
WMS servers.

There is a RFC in the making to resolve this:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/development/rfc/ms-rfc-35

I'll reopen the discussion on this today and we should have a 5.0.1
release soon.

Daniel
--
Daniel Morissette