WFS POST requests: "No template provided" error

Thu Nov 8 10:20:10 EST 2007

Try adding SERVICE=WFS to the URL of your POST request. MapServer needs
at least something in the URL itself to be able to tell that it's a WFS
request, otherwise it assumes by default that it is a traditional
mapserv CGI request, hence the "no template provided" error.

I am realizing just now that it may not be correct according to the WFS
spec to require that WFS clients include the SERVICE=WFS GET parameter
in the case of POST requests. If that's the case then perhaps you could
file a ticket to have this fixed in future releases of Mapserver. The
simple fix would be for MapServer to automatically include the
SERVICE=WFS in the onlineresource advertized in GetCapabilities and hten
clients would pick it up automatically.

Daniel

--
Daniel Morissette