Display non spatial table

Johannes Loose loose at LWF.UNI-MUENCHEN.DE
Tue Oct 2 05:49:33 EDT 2007

Hello List,

I'd like to display a non spatial table from an ORACLE Database (accessible
trough SDE) using Mapserver. The table includes two fields X and Y that
contain coordinates, representing point features. In ArcGIS it is possible
to create an event layer from X/Y data. Is there anything comparable using
mapserver?

When asking in the IRC channel, alienbrain told me that it's no problem to
display X/Y data using mapscript, but what I need is a WMS to be used in
mapbender. Can this be done? If yes, what is the correct mapfile syntax?

Best regards

Johannes