MapServer 5.0 and AGG output in WMS server

Pål Kristensen pal.kristensen at STATKART.NO
Tue Oct 2 07:26:09 EDT 2007

Hi!

I'm trying to enable AGG rendering in a mapfile which is used to produce a
WMS service, but the mime types gets all wrong. I tried to use the following
output format:

     OUTPUTFORMAT
        NAME "png"
        DRIVER "AGG/PNG"
        MIMETYPE "image/png"
        IMAGEMODE "RGB"
        EXTENSION "png"
     END

but the capabilities file only shows the png mime type image/png;
mode=24bit.
If I change the MIMTYPE of the outputformat to image/png; mode=24bit

     OUTPUTFORMAT
        NAME "png"
        DRIVER "AGG/PNG"
        MIMETYPE "image/png; mode=24bit"
        IMAGEMODE "RGB"
        EXTENSION "png"
     END

the capabilities file then shows png mime type image/png. It looks like the
opposite of what is written in the map file is published in the capabilities
file. This is not the case when the GD driver is used.

Regards
Pål Kristensen