Cascading WMS and re-projection

Ross Elliott ross.elliott at INFOTERRA-GLOBAL.COM
Wed Oct 3 07:14:57 EDT 2007

If I use a layer that calls a WMS server and I want the resultant map
reprojected into an SRS different to that of the cascaded WMS it fails. I
think it fails because the re-projection code uses the layer extents to
define the re-projection matrix, which works fine for static files but not
for a WMS where the returned image is always a different extent. Would I be
right in thinking that a fix would be to use the bbox of the requested map
rather than the layer extent? Hopefully this makes sense to someone other
than me.

Ross Elliott