Terminology Cleanup - SCARY

Wed Oct 3 15:33:16 EDT 2007

Scale does seem to be a FAQ around here and I've experienced confused users
in classes and workshops I've taught. So while I (and others) are very used to
the mapserver-ish way of doing things it can be a struggle for new folks. Hence
the change.

That said, there is mapfile-level backwards compatibility with any of the changes
in that RFC and there are no plans to stop recognizing those keywords in the
future. I would think for that to happen there would have to be other significant
changes that would absolutely break things and I don't see that happening. We
tried to get anything with the potential to cause heartburn into the 5.0 release.

Steve

<WorldClient-F200710030820.AA20460308 at tydac.ch>, Flavio Hendry