GROUP parameter in a mapfile

Thu Oct 4 23:59:30 EDT 2007

I'd like to learn more about a use case that would demonstrate the need.
I think
in particular it could complicate the already nasty task of building
tree'd legends
from mapfiles. One idea might be to treat the group property as a regex
instead
of straight text. So you'd do:

  GROUP 'somegroup1|somegroup2' or
  GROUP /somegroup1|somegroup2/

or something like that. That could cause some funky problems in cases
where
folks had group names that were substrings of one another.

Steve

>>> Jacolin Yves <yjacolin at FREE.FR> 10/04/07 3:06 AM >>>
Hi Steve,

Thanks. Is it possible to add this as a new feature? Do you think it
could be
interesting for everyone?

Regards,

Y.