SLD issues

Jacolin Yves yjacolin at FREE.FR
Mon Oct 8 04:14:41 EDT 2007

Le Friday 05 October 2007 15:41:40 Yewondwossen Assefa, vous avez écrit :
> Jacolin Yves wrote:
> > Hi list,
> >
> > I am trying to setup a SLD file for a layer. I create a SLD file:
> > <StyledLayerDescriptor version="1.0.0">
> > 	<NamedLayer>
> > 		<Name>geosignal</Name>
> > 		<NamedStyle>
> > 			<Name>xxx</Name>
> > 		</NamedStyle>
> > 		<UserStyle>
> > 			<FeatureTypeStyle>
> > 				<Rule>
> > 					<RasterSymbolizer>
> > 						<Opacity>0.6</Opacity>
> > 					</RasterSymbolizer>
> > 				</Rule>
> > 			</FeatureTypeStyle>
> > 		</UserStyle>
> > 	</NamedLayer>
> > </StyledLayerDescriptor>
> >
> > Which the aims is to change the opacity.
> >
> > My url is:
> > http://www2.xxxx.com/cgi-bin/mapserv_wms?
> > LAYERS=orthophoto,geosignal,sncf&
> > TRANSPARENT=true&
> > FORMAT=jpeg&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&
> > REQUEST=GetMap&EXCEPTIONS=application-vnd.ogc.se_inimage&
> > STYLES=,,&SLD=http://www2.xxx.com/lpdi/sld/geosignal.xml&
> > SRS=EPSG:27582&
> > BBOX=579452.7126630786,2420705.106583846,608239.3637849536,2441871.761820
> >5184& WIDTH=680&HEIGHT=500
> >
> > My geosignal layer is not transparent. Do I need to do something to
> > mapserver side (build, configuration)? I didn't change anything in my
> > mapfile. Am I right?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Y.
>
>    You are right that there should not be any changes needed in the map
> file. Make sure that you have built MapServer with OGR support (USE_OGR).
>   The SLD seems to be valid from what I can see. From your settings it
> should have the same effect as setting the OPACITY value on the
> geosignal layer to 60. Does setting the opacity value manually in your
> layer and not using the sld gives you the expected result ?
Hi,

Thanks for your answer Yewondwossen Assefa. I check my mapserv cgi and, yes it
was built with OGR (INPUT=OGR). If I change/add the TRANSPARENCY parameter to
60, all is working fine.

Do you think I don't use the correct parameter ? The mapfile don't use OPACITY
as valid parameter (except for the 5.0, and I am using the 4.10.1 release).

Y.
--
Yves Jacolin
---