Can I export MapInfo "styleitem" info to PostGIS?

Tamas Szekeres szekerest at GMAIL.COM
Thu Oct 11 03:22:32 EDT 2007

Jacob,

Does it mean you have different styles per feature in most of your
mapinfo files? If you have only layer level styles then it would be
reasonable to extract the auto style information to the mapfile
configuration. Currently I'm not aware of any stardard that would
address storing the style info along with the data in the database
that could be officially supported by mapserver and OGR. For example
we could add support for parsing the OGR stylestring representation
from a feature attribute but it would be quite unefficient and slow.

Best regards,

Tamas