4D Raster access NOT via WMS?

Yewondwossen Assefa assefa at DMSOLUTIONS.CA
Thu Oct 11 09:40:11 EDT 2007

Hi there,

  The Time parameter that is sent with a WMS request is simply converted
to a time expression and set on the filter object of the layer. In the
case of wms. the metadata wms_timeitem will be used for the attribute name.
  if you are using mapscript, you would need to build the time
expression manually and set the filter parameter. Please refer to
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/howto/wms_time_support (section 2.5)
to see how time parameters are interpreted.

Best Regards,

Samuel Hiatt wrote:
> I am excited to see that Mapserver supports 4D raster layers for WMS,
> but I am curious if this functionality can be extended to mapscript
> calls as well?  For example, if I set up a raster layer with a TIME
> dimension then will it be possible for me to request an image for a
> specific time with mapscript?  Or would I have to do this with a WMS call?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Sam

Assefa Yewondwossen
Software Analyst