Mapserver slow in production's server

Gregor Mosheh gregor at HOSTGIS.COM
Thu Oct 11 12:25:34 EDT 2007

Victor Herrero Cazurro wrote:
> I install a mapserver identical in both server, but in production's
> server it's very slow, by where I can investigate?

There're so many places to look, where to begin...
Short version: How identical is identical? Same hardware, same OS, same
data sources, same version of PostGIS and GDAL/OGR, ... ?

There are plenty of factors outside of Mapserver or its data that could
account for wide differences in performance. Is the hardware the same?
Is the production server overloaded? Is there plenty of spare RAM?

Are the data sources identical as well? If you tested with a 5 MB
shapefile, then moved to production with a 2 GB tileindex of shapefiles,
that'd be significant.

Nobody could even make an educated guess without more information.

--
Gregor Mosheh / Greg Allensworth
System Administrator, HostGIS cartographic development & hosting services

  only if you can restore." - AMANDA