python mapscript compile errors

Umberto Nicoletti umberto.nicoletti at GMAIL.COM
Mon Oct 15 02:50:18 EDT 2007

You did not mention the architecture (x86, amd64 or other) so I will
assume that you are on x86.

You are using a custom GD (in /usr/local) which might conflict with gd
installed by ubuntu and the same probably goes with agg too.
On Ubuntu 7.10 you get a very recent GD and agg so there is no reason
(that I know of or imagine) to compile your own.

On my system (Ubuntu 7.10 x86) agg and gd are:

unicoletti at ziggy ~ $apt-cache show libagg-dev | grep Version
Version: 2.4+20060719-3

unicoletti at ziggy ~ $apt-cache show libgd2-xpm | grep Version
Version: 2.0.34~rc1-2ubuntu1.1

which are both very recent and stable with mapserver.
Try to use those and python mapscript will build flawlessy.

Umberto