Setting Reference Map's extent dynamically

cool frenz coolfrenz85 at YAHOO.COM
Thu Oct 18 15:16:04 EDT 2007

Hi,
I wish to create different reference map dynamically corresponding to different villages. I have been able to do that but the problem is how to set the extent of this reference map ? I know the extent to put but dont know how. Please let me know the way if it is possible.

Given below are the methods i tried and errors i got.

Code Snippet:
//Creating New reference image dynamically
$ret=$image_ref->saveImage("C:/ms4w/Apache/htdocs/eSagu/map/reference_img.gif");
//Now setting new extents
$map->reference->set("extent",$new_rect_obj);

$new_rect_obj is a rect obj and contains valid extents. But i am getting following error:
Fatal error:  Property 'extent' is an object and cannot be set using set().  Use the extent object's methods instead. in C:\ms4w\Apache\htdocs\eSagu\htdocs\eSaguGIS_137.php on line 466

 I tried using :
$map->reference->setextent( $new_rect_obj->minx - $pad, $new_rect_obj->miny - $pad, $new_rect_obj->maxx +$pad, $new_rect_obj->maxy + $pad );

But i got an error saying setextent method doesnt exist.

http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/docs/reference/phpmapscript-class/classes/referencemapobj
According to this i dont have any method except set.

Please help me out !

Thanks,
Piyush

http://mail.yahoo.com