Adding lines to GetCapabilites document

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at EC.GC.CA
Fri Oct 19 07:38:29 EDT 2007

Paul,

If your extension is eclusive to time, you can use WMS's TIME parameter,
which MapServer supports (see the WMS Server howto).

Else Frank's suggestion of the mapscript wrappers is the best bet.

..Tom

________________________________

	From: UMN MapServer Users List
[mailto:MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU] On Behalf Of Paul Tildesley
	Sent: 18 October, 2007 10:09 PM
	To: MAPSERVER-USERS at LISTS.UMN.EDU
	Subject: [UMN_MAPSERVER-USERS] Adding lines to GetCapabilites
document

	For a particular application that uses my WMS, I need to add
something like the following lines to the GetCapabilities document
generated by Mapserver:

	<Dimension name="CurrencyStartDate" units="date"/>
	<Extent name="CurrencyStartDate">2000-01-01T00:00:00</Extent>
		<Dimension name="CurrencyEndDate" units="date"/>
	<Extent name="CurrencyEndDate">2010-12-31T23:59:59</Extent>

	This is valid in the GetCapabilities document but I cannot find
a way to get Mapserver to generate this information. At present I am
using a static document that has been hand modified but this is not a
very satisfactory long term solution.

	I am currently running Mapserver 4.8.3 but I can upgrade if
necessary.

	Any