Mapserver & GMap75 Projection and units origin issue

atulai atulai at ENGMAIL.UWATERLOO.CA
Mon Oct 22 11:29:45 EDT 2007

I've been trying to get this to work properly for a few weeks now. I'm trying
to get GMap 75 to project using this projection:

PROJECTION
   "proj=lcc"
   "lat_1=50"
   "lat_2=70"
   "lat_0=40"
   "lon_0=-96"
   "x_0=0"
   "y_0=0"
   "ellps=GRS80"
   "datum=NAD83"
   "units=m"
   "no_defs"
END

and to display coordinates in latlon. From what I can see it's working
allright now. I also have a set of data that uses the projection above. The
problem is, Gmap's origin is just below Canada, which causes all of my data
to be located far to the north-west away from Canada which is incorrect. Is
there any way I can somehow force the origin to be located where it's
actually supposed to be (latlon (0,0))?

Changing
"lat_0=40"
"lon_0=-96"
"lat_0=0"
"lon_0=0"
doesn't seem to do anything.

Is this possible or is it just a Gmap restriction?

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

Thanks!