MySql error message

Anakreon Mentis anakreon at CSD.AUTH.GR
Mon Oct 22 12:26:47 EDT 2007

Kyle Wilcox writes:
 > Make sure your connection is not timing out and you are not closing the
 > connection anywhere.

Thanks for your reply.

I have created the ovf file from examples found in the internet.

The content of the file is:
<OGRVRTDataSource>
    <OGRVRTLayer name="sites">
        <SrcDataSource>MYSQL:db_test,user=user,password=pswd,host=localhost,port=3306,tables=site coordinate</SrcDataSource>
        <SrcSQL>
select site_name, c1.cord_deg + (c1.cord_min / 60) + (c1.cord_sec /600) as x,
c2.cord_deg + (c2.cord_min / 60) + (c2.cord_sec /600) as y
from site
inner join coordinate as c1 on c1.coordinate_id = site.coordinate_first
inner join coordinate as c2 on c2.coordinate_id = site.coordinate_second
                </SrcSQL>
        <GeometryType>wkbPoint</GeometryType>
        <GeometryField encoding="PointFromColumns" x="x" y="y"/>
    </OGRVRTLayer>
</OGRVRTDataSource>

Perhaps there is a timeout parameter?
I have not specified any timeout myself.

The data are displayed using pmapper. I do not know if pmapper closes
the connection.

I'd appriciate if you could send me a link to the ovf file specification.
I had found once a link (at the mapserver.gis.umn.edu I think) but it
did not work.