Compiling Java MapScript on Mac OS X

William Kyngesburye woklist at KYNGCHAOS.COM
Mon Oct 22 16:46:24 EDT 2007

On Oct 22, 2007, at 3:15 PM, Z Kissane wrote:

>> BUT, I've done this, and java mapscript doesn't work
> (I forget the error).  I don't have time (or much
> interest) to fiddle with java mapscript.  If you want
> to look into this you should file bug reports for any
> problems you find.
>
> Hm...I haven't tested it in anger yet, but I have been
> able to write a pretty simple servlet in Tomcat that,
> given the right URL parameters, will draw a map
> according to my mapfile.  The JVM spews out a ton of
> warnings about a non-aligned pointer being freed, but
> it draws the image.

It could be that I don't know enough about Java ;)  I do remember the
warnings.  I think I was trying to run the examples directly in the
Terminal.

If it's working for you, maybe I can have you try a binary?  When I
tried it and hit the error, I was planning on adding it to my
MapServer binary package.  Let me know, and I'll package that up...

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Those people who most want to rule people are, ipso-facto, those
least suited to do it."

- A rule of the universe, from the HitchHiker's Guide to the Galaxy